THIS POST IS INSPIRED FROM A SIMILAR POST I READ AT OLIVIER BLANCHARD’S BLOG
The infamous James Lipton, host of “Inside the Actor’s Studio” BRAVO television program, asks his guests a few questions at the end of the show. If he were to interview a Marketing or Business professional, here how what he’d probably ask.
Now being a Marketing person myself, if I were to answer Mr.Lipton’s questions, this is how I would go:
What is your favorite marketing/business
What is your least favorite marketing/business word?
– Bottleneck / Impossible
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally about marketing/business?
– Ideas that turn in to creative solutions to problems/opportunities, helps make people’s life better.
What turns you off about marketing/business?
– Not the business, but people rather who don’t quite get what marketing actually is in the present age.
What’s your favorite curse word when you see really bad marketing?
– OMG you gotta be kiddin me!
What sound or noise do marketers/business people make that you love?
– The constant tapping of fingers on the table, bang of the table when an idea is conceived
What sound or noise do marketers/business people make that you hate?
– Cheap copy and stupid messages.
What profession other than marketing should marketers attempt – to become better at marketing?
– Marketers haven’t left any profession untended!
What profession should marketers never try?
– Finance, Number crunching, Statistics
If marketing heaven exists, what would God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
– “Finally you’re here. My heaven feels so complete now”